You've Been On My Mind

26 February 2016



TGIF everyone! I'm playing along today at Papertrey's MIM Challenge over at Nichole's blog. Lexi is the host this week and she has a very interesting technique on water color resist. Now I have to be honest, I wasn't too sure about this technique at first but after a few tries I'm going to say it's one of my favorites.
 
I was getting a bit frustrated at first because I was not getting the results I hoped for. This is what I learned. Don't put the rubber cement applicator directly on the paper and apply. Keep it a couple of inches above your paper and let it drizzle down in slow swirling motions. It may run down the applicator thick and if it does swirl faster. Once I tried this way I was much happier with the results. Also I have to mention that I applied the rubber cement first before applying water colors. That way I only wet my paper twice and it didn't warp as bad. I also like that white showing through.
 


After my panel dried (I let it dry naturally, no heat gun which also would have warped my panel more) I adhered it to my card base and added the large What the Doodle butterfly cut from it's coordinating die and stamped a sentiment from Friendly Flowers. I used Peerless Water Colors ( a shade of red and pink).


 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
I also linked my card to the following challenges:
 

 
 
 
 



 
 



11 comments

  1. gorgeous card! i love the black and white butterfly on top of the bright color. i'm really glad you stuck with it and found tricks that worked - the panel is perfect! thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Rema! Totally LOVE your background...it is so bright and really shows off your butterfly perfectly! CAS but absolutely perfect!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Rema, a lovely design with a gorgeous background.......your butterfly background is fabulous with a super sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this! Beautiful card, Rema!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to 'stick' with it and you got a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Color Resist technique is fabulous, Rema! Love the pretty black/white Doodle Butterfly as your focal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd looked at that technique too, but my masking fluid is not the same as the liquid cement. Is this an American thing?
    The effect looks fab in the background for your monochrome butterfly.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous results, Rema, glad you kept at it! Fantastic design, thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful effect, what a great technique!
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEEEeeeek!! I love that butterfly in just black and white on top of your watercolor paper!! Brilliant idea : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo pretty!! I love the mat you created with the technique!! Absolutely fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete